1. Your foundation will look only as good as the skin underneath. To get an even, smooth look, cleanse and exfoliate regularly.
2. If you have sensitive skin and are prone to allergic reactions make sure you test new cosmetics on a small patch either on the inside of your arm or your neck. If after 24 hours you don't have a reaction it is safe to use the product.
3. If you have acne or find you cannot use any skin care products without getting an allergic reaction or dry itchy skin, make an appointment with a dermatologist.
4. Use mascara sparingly. Using too much will make your eyelashes stick together and form into blobs. Dip your brush only once to do both eyes making sure you twist, not pump the brush.
5. No matter how tempting it might be to drop into bed after being out late, don't do it. Your skin will thank you if you remove all traces of makeup and apply your skin care cream before going to bed.
6. Take care of the skin around your neck as well as your face by applying moisturizer. This is a delicate area which is quick to show wrinkles.
7. Cosmetics do not last forever and using old products can cause irritations. Here are some guidelines:
* Foundation - 1 year
* Concealer - 1 year
* Powder - 2 years
* Mascara - 3 months
* Lipstick - 1 year
* Eye pencil - 1 year
* Eye Shadow - 1 year
* Powder Blush - 2 years
* Cream Blush - 6 months
* Moisturizer - 1 year
* Eye Cream - 1 year
* Sun Screen - l year
©2005 Sheila Dicks
Sheila Dicks is an Image and Wardrobe consultant who teaches women how to dress to suit their body type and look slimmmer. You can reach her at http://www.sheilasfashionsense.com to download her ebook, "Image Makeovers" and get "How to Build a Wardrobe" ebook free.
Brought to you by Ample Advice